Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Homemade Strawberry Jam

Call me crazy, but home canning interests me. I've received books about it as a gift, and one of my friends has agreed to teach me how to can in her kitchen this summer. So when my June recipe challenge for the Daring Bakers had the option of homemade jam, I knew I wanted to try and make my own. This was my first attempt, and I didn't actually can it. I put in in the fridge and am using it quickly! The recipe I used was How to Make Super Easy Strawberry Jam, and they're telling the truth. It's super easy! I started by cutting the strawberries and putting them in a pan...

then I mashed them with a potato masher,
added sugar and lemon juice,
cooked until it reached 220 F,
let it cool off, and then spread it on toast. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment